Aviagen East Africa – Ensuring Security of Supply
Earlier this year we announced the news of our new joint venture with African Poultry Development Limited (APDL) and Country Bird Holdings Limited (CBH) in Tanzania, Aviagen East Africa. This new project will consist of new Grandparent (GP) farms and a Parent Stock (PS) hatchery. We have made considerable progress in this investment since we announced this back in May.
- Construction of our hatchery has begun and we are hoping to have this ready by early 2022 for Pas Reform and C Lines.
- All water systems are now working well and are bringing water to all locations.
- We have started to dig holes for our power poles so we are ready to place these poles and wires once they have arrived.
- Farm 1 – All levelling and compaction of the breeder houses has been completed and handed over. Pressure tests have been done and are on record. The concrete works have begun and the first farm has been completed.
- Farm 2 & 3 – The roads to farms 2 and 3 have been graded. The topsoil clearance (150mm) has been done for both farms.
- Phase 1 of fencing has been completed – 7,200 mts out of 10.500 mts.
- Trees have been planted along the road towards the hatchery and some erosion control has been planted by Farm 3.
Take a look at the video below to see where Aviagen East Africa will be situated.